The Friends of Colwick Woods is a not-for-profit organization whose aim is to protect, enhance and promote the woods for people and for wildlife.
Objectives include the conservation of the wildlife of the woods, the protection and enhancement of the landscape, documentation of the history of the woods, the promotion of public and educational use, and community involvement.
If you have any photographs of the woods, or events taking place in the woods, please send a JPEG of no more than 2MB (two megabytes) in size to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ask a question
Members of the committee are always willing to answer any questions that you may have about the woods. Please send a message on our Facebook page.
If you have a question about our website, please email email@example.com.
We always welcome new members! Please download our membership form
- Planning Applications affecting the woods responded to
- Lottery Grants obtained to improve the Nature Reserve
- Disabled Access installed and new benches sited
- Historic Ponds have been recreated
- Information Sign installed at entrance to the woods
- Direction Sign to Colwick Woods on Sneinton Dale
- Improvements for Vehicle Access to events
- Footpaths cleared and repaired
- Work Parties for improvements and conservation
- Guided nature walks around the Woods
- Fly tipping and littering preventative measures
- Quad bikes and stolen cars access prevention methods
- Safety Fencing along cliff edge to be installed
- Path improvements and step construction on slopes
- Pond and surrounding area further development
- Planting of hazel, sweet chestnut and other trees
- Coppicing, scrub and bramble clearance
- Meadow flower grassland slopes hay cutting
- Ice House research, repair and renovation
- Extensions to the Local Nature Reserve
- Disabled access to be extended to view point
- Local History further research and documentation
- Species surveys of animals and plants revisited